Get great views wherever you go with the portable Orion Star Blast 62mm Compact Travel Refractor Telescope! The first thing you’ll notice about this petite performer when taking the Star Blast 62 out of its deluxe foam-lined hard carrying case is its exceptional build quality. This finely crafted refractor telescope is a joy to look at as well as look through! Extremely compact at just over a foot long with its lens shade retracted, the f/8.4 Star Blast 62 packs a ton of performance into its small telescope body. This portable refractor can be used for almost any type of observing. During the day, insert the included 45 degree correct-image diagonal into the Star Blast 62 to make it a perfect deck telescope for scanning the scenic horizon or distant wildlife. It’s great for catching sharp, detailed views of birds too! The 1.25″ Crawford focuser of the Star Blast 62mm Travel Refractor accepts 1.25 inch telescope eyepieces and provides smooth, controlled focus adjustments for sharp, crisp views of any target. Use the included 20mm Plossl eyepiece to obtain wide, 26x views. The Star Blast 62mm Compact Travel Refractor is very lightweight, tipping the scales at just 3.1 lbs. Mounting options for such a petite telescope are plentiful to say the least, and we’ve equipped the Star Blast 62 with a narrow (Vixen-style) dovetail mounting block that features a ¼ inch-20 threaded socket for easy attachment to either dovetail-saddle equipped telescope mounts or standard field or photo tripods. The included hard, foam-lined carry case will help keep the Star Blast 62mm Compact Travel Refractor safe and clean during transport, and it features cutouts for the included diagonal and eyepieces. An Orion Dovetail Mounting Base (sold separately) can be attached to the Star Blast 62mm refractor optical tube for finder scope attachment, if desired. A threaded T-adapter barrel is included for secure attachment of astrophotography accessories and cameras.
- Beautifully constructed 62mm refractor perfect for on-the-go astronomers
- 4-element lens system provides sharp, detailed views of the Moon, planets, and bright deep sky objects as well as birds, wildlife and other daytime targets
- A great travel telescope to add to any collection of astronomy gear
- Versatile design can be used for any type of observing – day or night!
- Features smooth Crawford focuser and includes hard case, 45 degree correct-image diagonal, 20mm and 4mm Plossl eyepieces, and more